Due to the numerous flight cancellations and the consequent drop of air traffic for the Coronavirus emergency, ATS services and airport operations will undergo changes.
The Ministry of Infrastructure and Transport established that the operations will be guaranteed only in the following airports: Ancona (LIPY), Bari (LIBD), Bologna (LIPE), Cagliari (LIEE), Genova (LIMJ), Lamezia Terme (LICA), Lampedusa (LICA), Milano-Malpensa (LIMC), Napoli-Capodichino (LIRN), Pantelleria (LICG), Pescara (LIBP), Pisa (LIRP), Rome-Fiumicino (LIRF), Torino (LIMF) and Venezia-Tessera (LIPZ).
All other airports (Bergamo Orio al Serio, Verona, Firenze, Roma Ciampino, Reggio Calabria, Brindisi, Trieste, Treviso etc.) suspend activities from 14 March 2020, with the exception of Linate which suspends from Monday 16 March and Catania and Palermo on which only two connections a day with Rome and Lampedusa are allowed from 17 March for territorial continuity. In the regions of Sicily and Sardinia flight activities are suspended in all airfields, helipads and hydrosurfaces managed and occasional one.
General aviation traffic can operate in open airports only for work, needs, health reasons or return to house with declaration to be sent to the public security authorities with 2 hours in advance.
However in all airports the operations of cargo and postal flights, as well as State and emergency flights, will be guaranteed, with the exeption of:
- Linate that from March 29 suspends cargo and mail flights also;
- Treviso e Trieste that are completely closed from March 27;
- Verona-Villafranca that are completely closed from March 29 between 20.00 and 06.00 local time. From 06.00 and 20.00 local time only cargo, mail, State, military emrrgency, maintenance and flight checks flights are allowed.
Furthermore, ATS services are affected by reductions:
- Palermo: GND service provided on TWR frequency 119.050 Mhz;
- Bologna: GND service provided on TWR frequency 120.800 Mhz;
- Bari: helath and sanitation not available between 05.30-10.00, 14.00-15.00 and 20-00-24.00 LT;
- Torino-Caselle: GND service not provided;
- Pisa: GND service not provide and APP service provided without radar between 20.00 and 08.00 local time;
- Catania-Fontanarossa: GND service provided on TWR frequency 118.700 Mhz and radar service available on pilot request;
- Milano-Linate: GND service provided on TWR frequency 118.100 Mhz;
- Lamezia Terme: approach service may be provided without use of radar between 09.00 and 18.00 local time;
- Trieste: TWR and APP service not provided. ATZ and CTR downgraded to G.
- Treviso: TWR service not provided and APP only from 06.00 to 20.00 local;
- Trapani: radar service available at ATC discrection;
- Firenze: radar service not available;
- Forlì: ATS and MET not provided;
- Trieste: approach service provided without use of radar;
- Grosseto: approach service provided without use of radar;
- Guidonia: aerodrome closed after 18.00 LT;
- Pescara: APP service provided on TWR frequency. VFR traffic may expect delay;
- Pantelleria: ATS and MET provided only between 08.00 and 19.00 LT;
- Roma FIR: closure of the FIC early at 19.00 LT, after this time the service will be guaranteed by Roma ACC on the frequencies provided by NOTAM A1430/20;
- Milano FIR: closure of the FIC early at 19.00 LT, after this time the service will be guaranteed by Milano ACC on the frequencies 125.275 Mhz;